Re: [TowerTalk] Come Along Instructions

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Come Along Instructions
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2021 06:50:00 -0700
The instructions should be something like:

Don't use a come along for tower work. A chain fall hoist or lever chain hoist is much safer.

Grant KZ1W

On 6/25/2021 04:06, Mpridesti via TowerTalk wrote:
May sound like a crazy request here but I am looking for a simple set of
instructions that new ham might follow to loosen or tension a come along. Using
the proper names of the different levers, write up instructions that address
the seemingly countless types of come alongs on the market. The most common one
I see is the Home Depot/Lowes cable puller/come along type then on occasion the
much more industrial grade type.

Anyone want to take on this challenge?  Key point easy to understand for
someone that seldom uses such a tool.

Regards,

Mark, K1RX