Re: [TowerTalk] OCFD: Should I be able to do better?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] OCFD: Should I be able to do better?
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2021 11:21:46 -0700
On 5/27/2021 10:55 AM, John Kemker wrote:
Since when are properly designed OCFD antennae not resonant?

Most of them.

I've used
OCFD on multiple bands for years and not noticed any more noise than on
similar single-band dipoles.

Did those resonant dipoles have effective chokes at their feedpoint?

 Admittedly, I haven't measured the noise
figures of those antennae, but your statements don't make sense compared to
my experiences with OCFD.

I suggest that you study k9yc.com/RFI-Ham.pdf Most hams have no idea how noisy their antennas are. And to tell the difference, we must have both antennas rigged, with effective chokes on the resonant antennas, and switch between them when listening to a weak station.