Re: [TowerTalk] ALIGNING ANTENNA

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] ALIGNING ANTENNA
From: Steve Maki <lists@oakcom.org>
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2021 20:10:26 -0500
Yes.

Also keep in mind that if a Ham-4 can turn it, so can you by hand. But a strap wrench will remove all trepidation.

-Steve K8LX

On 1/1/2021 4:23 PM, Dave - W3NP wrote:
I still think my first suggestion is the simplest and easiest - Loosen rotator clamps...verify actual antenna heading....while making sure the mast is completely free from turning, move controller (any brand) to agree with actual heading of the antenna then re-tighten clamps.  So, if the antenna was blown to a NW heading, the controller will now indicate the same. Should not affect rotor loop or anything else. You essentially are just getting the controller to catch up with the new wind induced antenna heading.

73, Dave - W3NP