[TowerTalk] DIY conduit locator?

To: "'towertalk@contesting.com'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] DIY conduit locator?
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2020 08:11:21 -0700
Trying to find a design for a empty conduit tracer. We've dug at a couple of places at the 501c3 where it was "supposed to go", NG. Seems to me this is a simple widget for energizing a test wire in the conduit or some sort of mouse - LF or magnetic placed on the end of a snake.

Some googling hasn't found a design so hoping a towertalkian has a design or link to one that works. This 2" conduit was installed some time ago at 24" depth but where it routes is now lost.

The commercial tracers are $3000. My budget is more like $20. The usual AM radio and dongle SDR's are available.

Also interested for when I need it to exactly locate my coax conduits before digging.

Grant KZ1W