Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 35G "Motorolla"

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 35G "Motorolla"
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2020 19:06:30 -0700
On 10/21/2020 5:26 PM, Charles Morrison wrote:
Tell us more about this Rohn 35G.

That's a "nickname," not an official description. It's simply scaled up from 25, specifically for Motorola. It has an OEM part number. Length of the sides, size of the verticals and the cross-braces. The wider sides makes it easier to climb, and because of the beefed-up members, it's more robust. "Rohn 35" came because it's sort of midway between 25 and 45.

My short tower is from five sections, one of which is a top, that I found locally from someone who was in the tower biz. My very experienced tower climber decided as he finished building it that it didn't need to be guyed. It's in a pretty large poured concrete base.

73, Jim K9YC