[TowerTalk] choking multiple wires..

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] choking multiple wires..
From: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2020 13:01:11 -0700
In an effort to keep the control and power wires to the remote tuner from being "part of the antenna", I'm planning on choking it with a cookbook design from Jim's book.

The question is, I would think I can take all the cables and run them together through the cores as a "bundle" for this kind of thing. After all, they're capacitively and inductively coupled by being in close proximity, so from an "antenna" standpoint, it's one wire.

Comments and thoughts?

Also, better to have big chokes at carefully chosen locations (Where?) or just put small choke at some interval of something like 5-10 ft. Overall series impedance would be the same, but it's broken up.