Re: [TowerTalk] PL-259 Reducer Question

To: john@ac4ca.us, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] PL-259 Reducer Question
From: Bill Weaver <weaverwf@usermail.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2020 15:42:16 -0500
Odd coincidence that I am doing the same thing to my GAP voyager. There are for
lack of a better description, RG-58 sized and RG-59 Sized reducers that I am
aware of. I use the RG-58 sized (crimp)connectors/reducers for RG-400. The
RG-59 sized (crimp)connectors/reducers fit the GAP yellow coax (0.240" i
believe?). You can find a coax reference in the ARRL Antenna Book.The shorter
answer is that you need the RG-59 sized hardware.73,Bill WE5PSent with rock and
chisel
-------- Original message --------From: john@ac4ca.us Date: 1/25/20  14:34
(GMT-05:00) To: towertalk@contesting.com Subject: [TowerTalk] PL-259 Reducer
Question I'm replacing the PL-259 & "reducer" on a GAP Voyager. I'm out of
PL-259sand need to order more. I want to make sure I get the correct
reducer.Memory tells me there are two size reducers, each accommodating
differentsize RG-58 or RG-59, I assume. The GAP uses a rebranded "yellow" coax
with adiameter of ~.25" or ~6.2mm measured with  my inexpensive Husky
caliper.Checking the reducers I have on hand, the ones with the larger hole fit
theGAP coax. It begs the question, though, what are the appropriate
reducersizes for the various smaller cables, 58/59/8X/6, etc? Why are there
twosizes and how can I make sure to order the correct reducers for
theappropriate coax in the future?
 mailing
listTowerTalk@contesting.comhttp://lists.contesting.com/mailman/listinfo/towertalk