[TowerTalk] Installation issue - Tennadyne T11

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Installation issue - Tennadyne T11
From: "Bruce Meier" <bemeier@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2019 16:05:08 -0400
I am in the process of putting up a Tennadyne T11 on one of my towers to
cover 6 meters and the WARC bands and also provide a low antenna for 10 -
20.   Now that it is built there seems to be a major weight distribution
issue around the boom to mast mount (balance point).   I removed the boom to
mast mount and hung the antenna from a horizontal bar with a piece of rope
to provide an easy to move center of gravity and more exact balance point.
To get the antenna to balance I need to add 11 lbs of weight at the extreme
back of the parallel booms.  This can't be right!

I also tried to relocate the center mount point toward the front.  To get
the antenna to balance, without counterweight, the boom to mast mount point
needs to move 16" toward the front of the parallel booms.   This also can't
be right and is not even possible as that location is exactly where both top
and bottom element 4 attaches to the boom.

Has anyone put up a T11?  If so, do you remember similar issues and if so,
what did you do to resolve them?

One additional point - I have built 2 of my own T10s and two more for a ham
friend.  They don't exhibit this issue.  They are very well balanced and
easy to install.

By the way, I already called Roger at Tennadyne (several times over the past
few weeks) and have yet to get a returned call.  I also tried email with the
exact same response.  NOTHING!  Does anyone have an alternate way to contact
him?

Help!

73,

Bruce N1LN