Re: [TowerTalk] Question re: RG8X

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Question re: RG8X
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2019 12:14:41 -0700
On 10/16/2019 11:08 AM, DALE LONG wrote:
Yes it is.  RG8X is perfect for that use.  Above 20 Mhz you may want a lower
loss feedline.

Depending on feedline length, you might want bigger coax on 80 and 40. My high dipoles for those bands are fed by about 160 ft of Davis RG11.

There are however different qualities of RG8X on the market.

YES! The differences are loss, build quality, and shielding. Look for a foam dielectric, UV-resistant outer jacket, and a beefy copper braid.

My advice is based on knowing that Carol is a serious contester, and we fight for every dB and even a half dB.

73, Jim K9YC