Re: [TowerTalk] Help with advice...hdx-555 tower

To: w5jmw@towerfarm.net, TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Help with advice...hdx-555 tower
From: Howard via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2019 17:02:12 -0500
I had a situation several years ago on an HDX572 where I needed to leave the tower extended about 6 feet short of fully nested and U.S. Tower said NO WAY.?? Of course, they are just protecting their a--!?? I would not even consider trying to lay over the tower while only nested half way.?? While bracing your raising fixture with your truck, this does not reduce the added strain on the winch, bolts and welds attaching the winch to the raising fixture or the wire rope.?? DON'T DO IT!!

Consider a come- along to pull down the top section when it gets stuck.?? While lowering and the cable for the top section starts to slack because it is not coming down, use the come along to pull it down until the cable is taut.?? Try lowering again and when there is a little slack, pull it down.?? Continue this until it will com down freely or it is all the way down and then clean the tower.

W A 9 Y B W