Re: [TowerTalk] Fall Zone

To: "'Wilson Lamb'" <infomet@embarqmail.com>, "'undefined'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fall Zone
From: "John" <jd_hudson@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2019 15:58:51 -0500
While my experience has nothing to do with this particular question. I
retired from the fire service and we used 1.5 x the height for a "safe zone"
for fallen debris. We didn't run into tower failures we ran into building
failures!!

My TX-455 is on the edge of my property, 12'+/- from the property line. I
did have a failure and it did break in the middle fully extended. Element
parts crossed the property line but the tower did not. We live in the county
and towers are not regulated by local building code. They were only concern
if there was AC at the site.

John
KO4XJ