Re: [TowerTalk] ICE 419-B info.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] ICE 419-B info.
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2019 03:54:18 -0000
I have used Dunestar 600 filters for decades without any issues. I auto
switch them and the antennas with a band decoder so they are always
correctly set.

FWIW, I recently purchased a set of VA6AM filters which are really nicely
made but I have not set them up yet.

John KK9A

Keith Dutson NM5G

Bottom of the barrel?  What did you replace then with?

I have four of these filters, and take them on DXpeditions.  Each has had a
failure (mostly on 10 meters) due to operator error switching bands without
switching the filter.  Since then I use the WX0B Bandmaster to switch the
filters automatically with the radio.

After repairing each one, I found a set of caps that will handle the 200
watts used with my Kenwood 480HX.  Only have had two relays fail out of all
four units.  Wish I had a permanent fix for those.  Actually, I would
replace all of these if I could find a reliable unit for similar cost.

73, Keith NM5G