Re: [TowerTalk] Loctite on Antennas

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Loctite on Antennas
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2019 11:43:12 -0000
I also use Loctite 242 on antenna stainless steel fasteners. I do not see it
advertised as preventing galling but I have never had a galling issue when
using this product and I tighten the my bolts pretty tight. I have never
kept an antenna up for anywhere near 26 years!

GL,
John KK9A

Scott K9MA wrote:

When I last put my TH7 up in 1993, I put a drop of blue Loctite thread
adhesive on every fastener, except the hose clamps on the elements.
Before I took it down last week, nothing had moved. (It still worked
fine, but the tower is getting rusty.) I'm planning to do the same with
the W3JK Mid-Tri I'm putting up. Is anyone aware of any down side to
doing that? I know anti-seize compound is recommended, but I'd rather
the fasteners seize than loosen up. In any case, nothing on the TH7
seized. It would be nice if the new antenna stayed up for 26 years, too.

73,

Scott K9MA

--
Scott  K9MA