Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: F-connectors

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: F-connectors
From: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2019 13:23:55 -0700
On 3/14/19 10:10 AM, Hans Hammarquist via TowerTalk wrote:
  Would it be possible to use the F-connector in a transmitting situation? I have never
thought about it that way but considering how good the connector actually is (I think it
is better than the "old, trusted UHF"-connector) it should be possible to use
it instead of PL-239 for the slimmer cables. Any idea what power it could take?
Just my penny,
Hans - N2JFS

It would be whatever the power rating of the coax is - the center conductor is the center pin of the connector, which is the usual power limit. Voltage isn't usually the limit.