Re: [TowerTalk] The things you see in the woods-antenna related

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] The things you see in the woods-antenna related
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2019 19:18:59 -0700

Back in the year 2000 my friend Bob, K7ZB, and I, plus another ham decided to go all out for Field Day up on the Mogollon Rim of Arizona where 100+ foot tall Ponderosa Pine trees are common.  We had everything well planned in advance and even though we were running 1B2op (single transmitter) we hung nine (9!) different antennas up in the trees, ranging from simple dipoles to a pair of stacked 2 element yagis for 20m ... all of which were only wire with coax hanging from them.  It was admittedly quite a sight, and several other campers stopped by to see what we were up to.

The weirdest was the elderly lady who was convinced we were setting bear traps.  I kid you not.

Dave   AB7E

p.s.  We scored 10,000 points on the nose.