[TowerTalk] W3DZZ - 5el triband yagi - I need info

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] W3DZZ - 5el triband yagi - I need info
From: Julio maronhas via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2018 10:56:40 +0000 (UTC)
Good Morning,
A friend of mine, a young radio amateur, won from an old ham radio an old yagi
antenna, almost a museum piece, kept for many years and like new.
It's a W3DZZ triband antenna for 10/15 / 20m with 5 elements being 10m works
with 2 reflectors 5 elements and 15/20 works with 3 elements.
In the March 1955 edition of QST in a W3DZZ article titled "The Multimatch
Antenna System" he cites the antenna but does not enter into many details of
the feed system.
The antenna was manufactured by Frederick Tools & Engineering Corp. in Maryland
and is in excellent condition, mounted and in the tower.
The problem encountered was that the SWR is too high and we did not find
information about the T match that is in the antenna design but nothing is
reported in the manual.
What we need is the original T match measurements and the 75-ohm twin lead tape
length.
Could someone help us?

73s de Julio, PP2BT
PS0F Team  - CQWW CW 2017 - PS0F Callsign Page

|  |  |

|  |
PS0F Callsign Page

PS0F personal biography