Re: [TowerTalk] More information about my problem; . Re: Heliax acting s

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] More information about my problem; . Re: Heliax acting strangely: Help?
From: Peter <pc2a@pi4cc.nl>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2017 19:11:01 +0200
Keith,

Did you look at https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/1-2-Cable-DIN-7-16_60222039246.html ?
We at PI4CC used them.
A video where I repace a bad connector up the tower is at https://www.pi4cc.nl/album/20M%20connector/coax%20plug%2020M.mp4
At 3 minutes you see this enclouse

Peter
PC2A
https://www.pi4cc.nl

Op 16-10-2017 om 15:55 schreef Keith Dutson:
I have a 170' length of LDF5-50A (donated) to put up soon for my 2 meter
repeater.  I purchased NOS Andrew LDF5-50A DIN connectors at a Hamfest for
$20 each.  These will be connected at each end to Andrew NOS F4A-PNMDM
-22-NX1 22' SureFlex jumpers (DIN to N male) acquired at Dayton for another
$20 each.

Although this cable is all commercial, it still needs to be waterproofed.  I
plan to use Scotch 88 and 2228 (88 sticky side out-2228-88 sticky side in)
for waterproofing.  This has proven to be waterproof on my other repeater at
500 feet.  The antenna there is subject to severe weather and must be
replaced every two years, so I need to open the connection without damaging
the connectors.

Keith NM5G