Re: [TowerTalk] 40M rotary dipole

To: "'Jim Thomson'" <jim.thom@telus.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 40M rotary dipole
From: "Peter Voelpel" <dj7ww@t-online.de>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2017 01:03:21 +0200
Jim,

I don´t buy that.

When the CM noise is, as you explained, coming down the inner conductor how
could you measure any difference in CM current with a clamp on RF ammeter on
a tower leg or feeder when a CM choke is installed at the feed point of the
antenna?

I direct feed my 160m and 80m Dipoles and never had noise issues.
With my elevated GP on 160 I am direct feeding the radial and the shield is
connected to the tower at the 50 ohm point, no noise either. In opposite, it
is my best receiving antenna as well, better then the 100m long beverages.

Cabling is done as Stan assumed.

73
Peter, DJ7WW