Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna climbing harness (Rigging)

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna climbing harness (Rigging)
From: K5CG <k5cg@hamoperator.org>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2017 07:58:02 -0600 (CST)
Hi Jim,

At the time, they manufactured their own pieces in-house, right there in the
shop at Oakville. I remember one tower in particular that was sitting on a
flatbed semi truck ready to go. It was built for the Canadian Coast Guard and
went to the east coast somewhere. It had 12" SOLID round legs and was built to
withstand 8 feet of radial ice. The heaviest lattice tower I've ever seen.
Custom built job.

73