Re: [TowerTalk] Solar Panel RFI/Microinverters

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>, "Howard Hoyt" <hhoyt@mebtel.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Solar Panel RFI/Microinverters
From: "Karl Heil" <towers@mhtc.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 11:28:27 -0600
I too have a SMA string inverter. NO HF RFI. If I place a two meter HT about 3-5 feet from the inverter I get hash on some freqs. Otherwise no problems at all. I have a 3KW system that over the course of a year produces more energy than I consume. No Air Conditioning here, but I have two freezers and two refrigerators. LP stove and HW heater.

One of the best and most rewarding projects I have ever done. A photo of the self-installed system is on my QRZ page.

Don't believe installers who tell you they shed snow! Even with my array tilted at approx. 40 degs, I need to sweep wet snow off with a broom on a telescopic painters pole. I can access the garage roof mounted panels from the ground using a step ladder. Sure, eventually the snow will melt.........

Good luck with your project!

73,
Karl
WD9BGA