Re: [TowerTalk] Wind and the antenna

To: Thomas Noel <tnoel@mac.com>, Kent Olsen <kilo6dko@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Wind and the antenna
From: "Cox, Norman R." <nrc@mst.edu>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2016 17:29:31 +0000
  Kent, it's sometimes suggested that you point the beam in a direction that
will result in the least wind resistance.  If your elements are longer than the
boom, for example, you would point the beam 90 degrees to the wind direction.
In a publication somewhere, I remember seeing where someone worked out the
expression for the force vs direction.  Anyway, if the wind continues to change
directions, you're going to get hit ever which a way.

Norm
KE0ZT