[TowerTalk] Force 12 feedpoint matching coil redux

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Force 12 feedpoint matching coil redux
From: Howard Hoyt <hhoyt@mebtel.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2015 10:58:16 -0500
Hi TowerTalk braintrust,

Can owners of the Force12 EF240S / C4SXL tell me if the 3T loading coil is needed on the 40M driver feedpoint for a proper match? In the manual it calls out one, but the used antenna I got had that coil cut off. I contacted Force12 and asked them for the specs of the coil so I could make one but they said they would have to research it and I've not heard back.

I considered trying to model it in EZNEC, but I can't physically measure the linear loading section because mine is taken apart. Does anyone have an EZNEC model of the C-4SXL/EF240S... to share?

Cheers & 73,

Howie - WA4PSC