Re: [TowerTalk] Shrink Tubing

To: Jeff AC0C <keepwalking188@ac0c.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Shrink Tubing
From: Gary Johnson <gwj@wb9jps.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2015 09:39:22 -0800
I bought 3:1 in both regular and heavy-wall versions. When assembling a new
PL259 on RG8 type coax I use:

   1/2 inch Heavy Wall Adhesive Lined Heat Shrink, p/n HS3AH-050

The 5/8 inch medium wall is also a good fit. (Curiously they don’t show a part
number for it on their website.) Just start at the link I supplied below and
it’s easy to fine. The medium or standard wall is probably best if you need it
to shrink substantially. The thick-wall stuff will get REALLY thick if it is
allowed to shrink way down.

Gary, NA6O

On Dec 20, 2015, at 9:27 AM, Jeff AC0C <keepwalking188@ac0c.com> wrote:

> Gary do you recall the specific P/N you used?
>
> 73/jeff/ac0c
> www.ac0c.com
> alpha-charlie-zero-charlie
>
> -----Original Message----- From: Gary Johnson
> Sent: Sunday, December 20, 2015 11:18 AM
> To: towertalk@contesting.com
> Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Shrink Tubing
>
> Surf over to buyheatshrink.com. I get all my adhesive-lined tubing there.
> They have 4:1 as well as 3:1. The thick-walled stuff is like a rock. I won’t
> use anything else on connectors.
>
> http://buyheatshrink.com/heatshrinktubing/index.php
>
>> Is there shrink tubing that will reliably shrink by a 4:1 ratio? I tried
>> using some tubing I had on hand to cover several N-connector jumpers
>> with LMR-240 cable. It worked fine on the connector, but would not
>> shrink around the 1/4 inch cable.
>
> 73,
> Gary, NA6O

Gary Johnson