[TowerTalk] Phase Vertical Dummy Load

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Phase Vertical Dummy Load
From: john@kk9a.com
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2015 09:43:39 -0400

I am curious what people are using for the dummy load used on phased
vertical controllers and how they are mounted. I do NOT wish to have the
dummy load in the shack. My plan is to have something that will be
outside and work in a variety of temperatures. I can mount it in an
enclosure however heat is a concern. Is air cooled better than the oil
type outdoors? Who makes a quality dummy load that will work in this
environment? What is the typical percentage of dump power across 80m?
Any suggestions and pictures are welcome.

73,
John