Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor loop coax choices ?

To: <john@kk9a.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor loop coax choices ?
From: "Steve Jones" <n6sj@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2015 11:40:37 -0700
John-

Mine is coiled around the mast just above the flat top of the HDX 589.  When
the coils expand and contract during turning, they sometimes catch a corner
of the flat top of the tower.  The hose lets it slip past without getting
the cable scraped.

I used to use a different loop with my cubical quad, as the feedpoint was 4
feet away from the mast.  So I just let the cable hang down below the
feedpoint insulator and span the distance back to the mast.  But the SteppIR
feed is right above the tower so I'm using this approach now.

73,
Steve
N6SJ