[TowerTalk] Current Choke for Ladder Line

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Current Choke for Ladder Line
From: Hans Hammarquist via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2015 14:01:29 -0400
Gentlemen,

I have seen many articles how to build and/or buy common mode chokes for coax
cables but I don't remember any articles how to build (or buy) and choke for a
400 ohm ladder line.

The common mode current on a ladder line is causing the same problem as a
common mode current on a coax. i have a choke between my tuner and radio which
reduced noise quite good but wonder now how much RF power I radiate and signal
I receive from the CM current in the feeder to my OCF dipole.

Any ideas/comments?

Hans - N2JFS