[TowerTalk] Putting in First Tower

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Putting in First Tower
From: Ron Rosson <ron@oneinsane.org>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 07:30:52 -0500
Well the weather here in Colorado is finally getting to the point where I need
to get of my backside and start setting plans to get my first tower put up here
in Loveland, Co. I have 6 10’ sections and one top section plus 1 8’ section
(all 25G). Depending on who I have talked to in person I have got mixed
information on using burring the 8’ section or setting a base plate for the
tower. Which is the better route? Also In my google searches I have found not
tied and true method (free info) for the depth of the whole to dig for the base
and how to set the rebar be it I go with encasing a tower section in cement or
with purchasing a base plate for the tower. Below is what I know that I need to
do:
        - Cement needs to be 3000 PSI rated
        - I want to go bigger on the whole just in case I want to go higher
than what I currently have on hand
        - Get with local County to make sure I am ok with how I want to get
this accomplished.
        - Once the cement is poured I have a minimum of 30 days of curing
before I can start putting sections together
        - If it falls it has to land on my property and not any of my neighbors
:)

What I do not know:
        - Best way to accomplish digging of the hole and setting it up for the
tower
                - Disturbed or undisturbed
                - Rebar pattern
                - Dimensions (x by y by z (where z is the depth)
        - How to properly setup the anchors for the guy wires
        - Can I guy to the same point from different heights if my height
requires a guy at “a" feet and another at “b” feet.

All guidance and pointers is greatly appreciated. If you are local I am open to
a visit for some personal pointers to see the lay of the land (so to speak)

TIA

--
73 de KF5JRA
Ron Rosson