[TowerTalk] shrink w/adhesive

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] shrink w/adhesive
From: "Ron W8RJL" <youngron@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2013 01:00:33 -0400
I've been water proofing coax connectors for years the old school way (with no
problems). I'm ready to try the new shrink tube with adhesive which seems like
a good way to go. I just measured a PL-259 shell diameter at about 0.7 inches.
I see the shrink rate is about 3:1 so I assume 1" diameter should work for a
PL-259 with RG-213. I also noticed on eBay some manufacturers state that the
shelf life is only about a year or less so it might be wise to buy just what
you need as opposed to stocking up. I've seen references to 3M and Molex
brands. Any comments/recommendations appreciated. If this topic has already
been beat to death you can reply direct 73, Ron W8RJL email (w8rjl at arrl.net)