[TowerTalk] Need some mast/rotor advice

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Need some mast/rotor advice
From: Jim Miller <jim@jtmiller.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 22:45:11 -0500
I've currently got a successful installation of a hexbeam almost directly
mounted atop a Alphaspid which is in turn mounted on a 2ft aluminum mast.
This whole thing is solidly held on a AB1342 crankup. The aluminum mast is
an accessory to the AB1342 and is part of the upper guying assembly.

I'd like to add an M2-6M3 beneath the hexbeam. To do this I'd want to raise
the hexbeam to provide 6-10ft of separation between the two antennas. The
M2-6M3 would be very close to the rotor so no real issue there.

My concern is that this additional 10ft of mast would be non-guyed and
therefore any windload of the hexbeam would be on a 10ft torque arm and
applied directly to the Alphaspid.

Am I over thinking this or is this a problem?

Thanks

jim ab3cv