Re: [TowerTalk] Pull Rope in Conduits?

To: Steve Jones <n6sj@earthlink.net>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Pull Rope in Conduits?
From: Al Kozakiewicz <akozak@hourglass.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 11:59:39 -0400
First off, nylon will stretch.  Greenlee and other electrical mfgs. sell
buckets of poly rope specifically for this purpose.

I've done several 300'+ runs using a shop vac.  Connect the shop vac to one end
of the run.  Tie a plastic bag or bunch up some PE sheet and tie that to your
pull string.  Shove the plastic bag into the other end of the run and it will
be sucked into the shop vac.

This method has never failed to work for me.

Al
AB2ZY