Re: [TowerTalk] LP v. SteppIR

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] LP v. SteppIR
From: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 13:03:55 -0600
When I was in the Army in the 1970s I was in the USA Communications
Command.  Back then we operated tactical RTTY circuits duplex with
pairs of 2 - 30 MHz log periodics side by side up on tower pairs.  I
believe the LPs were made by Andrew and were rated at 25 KW.  I think
we ran about 10 to 15 KW on those circuits.  I was not in the HF RF
part of the setup so I am not at all familiar with the details, which
is something I now regret.

73

Rob
K5UJ