[TowerTalk] 3/8 Wave Vertical Questions

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] 3/8 Wave Vertical Questions
From: K3VX <res10gam2@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 06:25:29 -0600 (CST)
Antenna gurus:

I'm feeding a 3/8 wave (for 80M) inverted L against ground using an AH4 tuner.
The idea was supposed to raise the point of maximum current above the base of
the L.
But on page II-21 of Low Band DXing the 3/8 wave vertical is fed 1/8 wave above
the low end of the antenna.
It also seems there's no ground connection - coupling indicated by a capacitor
symbol.
ON4UN shows the impedance as 300 ohms - is this balanced or unbalanced in his
configuration?

So am I fooling myself thinking that the high current point on my inverted L
has moved up the antenna?

TIA and 73

Larry K3VX