Re: [TowerTalk] Beam spacing

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Beam spacing
From: "Tony Brock-Fisher" <barockteer@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 07:24:54 -0400
>I'd like to know how you know created a 402CD model that you know is
>accurate?  Which NEC version are you using? -Scott, WU2X

Actually, this model has benn floating around for quite some time - I don't
claim to have created it. Someone measured the loading coil inductance and
posted it. I'm using NEC2.

I don't claim it's accurate.

As with any modelling of antennas (and HFTA), I don't take it as accurate. I
interpret the results as indications of trends that might be useful.

My old man made microphones. He sent them to an acoustics lab to get them
tested. Here's how he interpreted the results:

"If it tests good and sounds bad, it IS bad. If it tests good and sounds good,
it IS good!"

-Tony, k1kp