Re: [TowerTalk] Palmdale CA: The rest of the story

To: towertalk@n4zkf.com, K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Palmdale CA: The rest of the story
From: HansLG@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 15:35:34 EST
Dear friends Radio Hams,

Of all this talk about emergency etc. Cell phones are good but they need to
be charged too and if there is no power ... The governor 'forgot" to declare
emergency when we had an ice storm in Windham County, VT Power was out for
day,  the telephone (land line) service dies after a couple of hours and people
will  cell phone (that has sketchy service here anyhow) can't use their
telephones  when their battery is dead (expect me that had a fully charge 80 Ah
battery in  the basement). ONLY the HAM service works, provided the officials
are
aware of  this service and calls for it.

73 de Hans, N2JFS

In a message dated 12/20/2008 7:37:41 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,