Re: [TowerTalk] Shorty 40

To: jeremy-ca <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>, <john@kk9a.com>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Shorty 40
From: RICHARD SOLOMON <w1ksz@q.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 00:32:11 +0000
HOT DAWG !!!
I got 288 Countries confirmed on a Dummy Load !!!

73, Dick, W1KSZ/7

> From: km1h@jeremy.mv.com> To: john@kk9a.com; TOWERTALK@contesting.com> Date:
> Wed, 17 Oct 2007 18:51:36 -0400> CC: greg@k9ig.com> Subject: Re: [TowerTalk]
> Shorty 40> > I had a pair of 4 el KLMs and was never overly impressed by
> their > performance. Before that I had a Hi-Gain 2 el and it was often
> referred to > as a rotary dummy load.> > One of my KLM's has been sold and Im
> contemplating converting the other into > a pair of 2 el with Cushcraft style
> figured out.> > Carl> KM1H> > > > > > To: towertalk@contesting.com> >
> Subject: [TowerTalk] Shorty 40> > From: Greg Clark <putt_1@yahoo.com>> >
> (PDT)> > List-post: <mailto:towertalk@contesting.com>> >> > Folks,> >> > I'm
> in the process of rebuilding my station and am in need of a 2 ele 40m> >
> yagi.> > In the past I had an old 40-2CD by Cushcraft on the tower.> >> > In
> shopping around
  I have looked at:> >> > XM240> > Force 12 (new and old linear loading
designs)> > Hy-Gain> > M2> >> > The Optibeam looks nice but is out of my
budget.> >> > -The XM240's are kinda hard to find - all on backorder at most of
the > > major> > shops in the US as of the end of last week. Not sure if this
has anything> > to> > do with the company recently being purchased??> >> >
-Force 12 has a 4-6 week lead time (even with that quote it's "iffy" as to> >
when> > it will arrive).> >> > -M2 - I couldn't find a direct link on their
site for a 2 ele version any> > longer, so I don't even know if they are still
available as I have not> > called> > the factory yet. Anyone know if they still
make a 2 ele 40m yagi?> >> > -As for Hy-Gain - well - I just don't see many of
these yagis - are they> > that> > poor of a performer? We had one at the WM5G
multi years ago - I don't> > remember> > much about it. I can get one of these
in a reasonable amount of time but> > don't> > want to be wasti
 ng my money and time.> >> > Greg> > K9IG> >> >