Re: [TowerTalk] Ground wire gauge

To: jacobsen_5@msn.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ground wire gauge
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 18:20:43 -0700

Yes, but why would anyone rely on soldered connections (as for the coax
shield to braided ground cable)?  Solder would definitely have the
highest resistance per unit volume in the whole chain, and it melts when
it gets hot.  I would think such a connection would be more like a fuse
that blows before the surge has progressed very far.

73,
Dave   AB7E