Re: [TowerTalk] Rebuilding T2-X

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rebuilding T2-X
From: "K8RI on TowerTalk" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 22:26:57 -0500
If you want it to look nice and it will probably stand up well to the
elements, although probably not a practical approach you could alodine the
outside shell.

> Just curious, is there an advantage to painting the bell housing?  The

Other than looking nice at first I don't see any real advantage in painting
the housing unless it's in a really corosive atmosphere.  The Aluminum will
turn dull gray when it oxidizes and that in itself is a good protector (in
most cases)  To add to that, I've never seen one that had been painted.

> rebuilt T2-X I purchased from the Rotor-Doc a couple of years back was
> sandblasted bare aluminum.  It looks a lot better on the tower than the
> new
> unit I bought 20 years ago that was painted black, but is now starting to

> chip and fade.  I may have a friend sand blast that one the next time I
> have
> to bring it down for a rebuild.

That should, IMO be more than suficient, IF you get it really clean
afterwards.

N833R - World's oldest Debonair CD-2
www.rogerhalstead.com