[TowerTalk] EHS or Philly?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] EHS or Philly?
From: "Jon M. Knodel" <jknodel@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 01:41:44 -0700
Hello all,

Thank you everyone for the help so far.  I am back with another question though.

It has actually worked out that Phillystran would be cheaper for me to use than
EHS broken up into +/-11' lengths.  I am leaning toward using it but am
concerned about it's stretch.  On K7NV's site (great info on tower design and
failed due to the Phillystran stretching too much.  Granted, this was on a 100'
R45 and my installation would be a 60' R25 but it still concerns me.  Do you
think it would be possible for the Philly to cause a failure?  If so, would it
be solved by increased initial tensioning (say 15% or maybe even 20% as
compared to 10%)?  Any help would definitely be appreciated.  Thanks.

73 es gud DX!,

Jon, N7XW