Re: [TowerTalk] Rigging Dipoles and Growing Old

To: Lee Buller <k0wa@swbell.net>,TowerTalk Reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rigging Dipoles and Growing Old
From: kb9cry@comcast.net (Phil Camera)
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 18:37:41 +0000
Can I let the coax (RG8 - Type) hang down fairly low
 to the bottom of the tower (say 10 feet or so). What
 is the pitfalls of allowing the coax to hang freely.
 I will be using Budwig centers which are pretty tough.

I personally don't have much personal experience but if the others suggest that
the coax might be damaged by hanging under it's own weight, attach a
"traveller" line to the center and then attach the coax to that.  This way the
coax will actually be hanging from this line from the center to the ground and
will not hang off itself.  Know what I mean?  When you lower the dipole the
line with attached coax will lower also.  Phil  KB9CRY