Re: [TowerTalk] When a Yagi Loses an Element

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] When a Yagi Loses an Element
From: Dino Darling <k6rix@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 10:44:08 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
If its a KLM antenna, I would first recommend having a NEW DX Engineering
boom-to-element clamp!  Chances are your's is broken!...
http://www.dxengineering.com/Parts.asp?ID=9&PLID=58&SecID=3&DeptID=6&PartNo=DXE%2DBEB%2D1
These brackets are heavy duty and 5 times stronger than the stock KLM pieces.
I have a functional KLM Log Periodic and all 7 brackets were cracked when I
took it down!  $35.00 is CHEAP insurance!

Since it is not a crank up tower, renting a simple scaffolding from a local
rental yard is out.  I've done this and 4 10' frames and a few planks are CHEAP!

I'd vote for the crane with the man basket if you can afford it!  If not, the
come-along suggestion is awesome!

Good luck!