Re: [TowerTalk] Toroid Core Material Selection

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Toroid Core Material Selection
From: W2RU - Bud Hippisley <W2RU@frontiernet.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 23:45:03 +0000
At 03:24 2005-03-22, Michael Tope wrote:
>I just made some measurements
>on a 2.4 inch O.D. type 31 Fair-Rite Products core that K9YC
>sent me....I am not sure this particular toroid is listed in
>the Fair-Rite products catalog yet, but somehow he
>managed to purchase a few pieces.

I happened to speak with a customer service representative at Fair-Rite just a
couple of hours before seeing W4EF's posting (above), and as of late this
afternoon (3/22) there were NO type 31 toroids in the Fair-Rite catalog.  The
CSR I spoke with had no knowledge of any such product, and referred me to
Application Engineering, but they were gone for the day, so I hope to learn
more tomorrow.

Bud, W2RU