Re: [TowerTalk] pointing antenna into wind.

To: "Bill Coleman" <aa4lr@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] pointing antenna into wind.
From: "daniel hearn" <dhearn@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 12:00:54 -0800
You make a good point Bill. Probably a good solution is to mount the antenna
with the boom attached to the mast at its center, not at the balance point.
Then turn the boom at right angles to the wind. I use a 6 el KLM which is
extremely unbalanced with most of the elements on one side of the boom. The
boom is 57 ft long and wind force on the side of the boom actually buckled
it. It now has side trusses. 73, Dan, N5AR