Re: [TowerTalk] non conductive sealant

To: "FireBrick" <w9ol@billnjudy.com>,"TowerTalk List" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] non conductive sealant
From: "Jim Lux" <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 07:41:22 -0700
Most RTV-type silicones should be decent insulators after curing.  There are
some that are specifically designed for electronic potting, for instance,
that are non-corrosive, have known electrical properties, etc.

While still curing, they may be a conductor, and certainly, there could be
contaminants that would make them conductive. Most of the ones you find at
the hardware store release acetic acid during the cure process, which is
definitely a good conductor. After curing (which may take several days to
complete, by the way).

Try another brand.