[TowerTalk] Forced decision

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Forced decision
From: Dave Kaiser <kaiserdr@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 00:20:35 -0800 (PST)
I've been planning to put up a Rohn 55 for several years, with a Force Mag
340/620. At slightly over 100 pounds, the MAG 340/620 seemed like the ideal
antenna -- but, Force tells me they are no longer making it -- they recommended
an 'N' model, which weighs in at around 180 pounds!

I would appreciate comments, either on or off list, about which antenna is the
best, including other alternatives, like M2. I am also looking for someone in
my area, Crystal River, Fla., to put up the Rohn and beam. I am retiring in
2004 and want to get up my 'dream' antenna farm before the cash flow dries up!

I want to put up monobanders, or a combo antenna that will excel on 40 meters
and 20 meters. My backup antenna, on a separate tower, is a HyGain TH11-DXX,
now over 20 years old.

What about the Force EF-420/240? That looks like a good alternative, but how
much would I be losing from putting up two monobanders, like a Mag 340 and a
Mag 620?

If anyone has it, I would appreciate the email address of Tom at Force. The
people at info@force12.com haven't been much help and are very slow to answer.

Dave Kaiser, AL7HG
kaiserdr@yahoo.com

For information about my credentials and services go to
www.floridapublishing.com.