[Towertalk] Windload "partway up"

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Windload "partway up"
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 21:36:21 -0600
STEVE,

With apologies, I DISAGREE with your conclusion that it
"doesn't matter where the load is since it all turns into leg
compression at some point.

Horizontal forces (antenna / tower loading) are converted
to VERTICAL and HORIZONTAL components by Guy Wires
in Guyed Systems.

The ANGLES of the GUYS to the TOWER (or horizon)
are DIFFERENT for each set of guys in most systems
and therefore ANTENNA PLACEMENT  WILL affect the
converted forces differently.

Tom  N4KG

(RF Engineer who also had a couple of courses in simple mechanics).