[Towertalk] Prosistel Rotors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Prosistel Rotors
From: w2fca@cs.com (w2fca@cs.com)
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 13:03:15 -0400
K7LXC@aol.com wrote:

>BTW as far as I'm concerned, the jury is still out on the Big Boys so
>anyone that has experience with them is encouraged to fill us in on the
>details - good or bad.
>
>Cheers,
>Steve ? ? K7LXC

I replaced two Ham V rotors with two of the Prosistel 51 rotors. One turned a
Tribander and bunch of VHF antennas, the other a 30 foot boom 6 meter beam and
more VHF/UHF antennas. The Ham V's would last on the average a year before they
became toast and would also stall in some of the winds we'd get (the joys of
the hilltop). Prosistels never stall and have been going fine for 2 1/2 years
so far.

Frank
W2FCA