[Towertalk] Stacking Tilted LPDA's?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Stacking Tilted LPDA's?
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 11:51:41 -0600
On Wed, 20 Mar 2002 (CST) "Andrew B. White" <k9cw@prairienet.org> writes:

> We ran ARRL SS in 1975 from that site using W9YH.  At the time, the
> key to the building was kept up above the front door!  The  performance

> was> OK on 40m, as I recall, and it worked somewhat better on the
higher
> bands. For the size of the antenna and its height, we expected it to do

> better.

High STACKS for DOMESTIC CONTESTS  just DON'T  DO  IT  !

Higher is NOT always better, ESPECIALLY for close in communication.

>From W9, most of the USA is less than 1000 miles, probably less
than 800 miles.  A tribander, or even dipoles at 40 ft on the high
bands is MUCH more competitive for Sweepstakes....

Tom  N4KG

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.