[TowerTalk] Rohn 25 Brackets - Specs? Experiences?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn 25 Brackets - Specs? Experiences?
From: aa4lr@radio.org (Bill Coleman AA4LR)
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 15:44:37 -0400

I recently purchased some Rohn 25 and am engineering a housbracketed
tower of about 45 feet.

I have access to a Rohn catalog, but it gives precious little information
about the three types of brackets available:

* HB25 - three models with 15", 24" and 30" maximum spacing. The picture
of the 15" brackets looks a little wimpy to me. There's no data on the
24" or 30" units.

* HBU - the universial house bracket, looks larger, and is built from
angle steel and not flat straps. More substantial. Goes to 30" from wall.

* HBUTVRO - the heavy duty version of the HBU. This one has cross-bracing
of the sway braces. The name implies it was intended for big TVRO
satellite dishes. Goes to 36" from wall.

Does anyone have experience with these? There are no drawings in the
catalog. What is the span of the wall plate on each, how many bolt holes
are there and what is their spacing?

Any information would be appreciated, thanks.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr@radio.org
Quote: "Boot, you transistorized tormentor! Boot!"
            -- Archibald Asparagus, VeggieTales