[TowerTalk] coax burial

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] coax burial
From: n8ug@juno.com (n8ug@juno.com)
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 00:21:58 -0400
Kirk, RG213 /U - the real mil spec stuff, was not designed for direct
burial, ever, in spite of a variety of claims and even a few erroneous
statements in some "authoritative" sources.
Burial in a tube of pipe is OK, if properly done, and is more practical
as well, as it allows for later additions and replacements.
The subject was covered in a column in Amateur Radio Trader a few issues
ago, and I'll copy and paste it in a separate E to you - hope it helps.
It is too long to put on the reflector, but if anyone wants a copy, just
say the word and I'll send it along direct.
Don't hesitate to holler if we can be of help.
73,

Press Jones, N8UG, The Wireman, Inc., Landrum, SC, 29356
Sales (800)727-WIRE(9473) or  orders@thewireman.com
Tech help (864)895-4195 or  n8ug@thewireman.com
http://www.thewireman.com  and the WIRELINE news
and bargain page.  Our 22nd year!