[TowerTalk] A Different Take On Guy Wires?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] A Different Take On Guy Wires?
From: davidc@bit-net.com (DavidC)
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 22:02:43 -0400
I am putting up a 60 foot Rohn 45G tower I am about
to acquire once we get moved to Florida.  We will be
inland 5 - 10 miles from the Gulf Coast a little North
of the Tampa-St. Pete area.

I have access to both EHS and Phillystran and am
debating between the two.  The Phillystran is less of
a pain to work with and I don't have to fuss about all
that EHS metal messing up patterns ... but I worry about
flying objects in the high winds of heavy summer lightning
storms and from passing hurricanes shearing or damaging
the Phillystran.

I am also wondering which is better for the longevity
of the tower.  Whereas the Phillystran allows the tower
to flex more does that stress the joints more or do the
vibrations due to EHS rigidity cause equal stress?

Can you good folks set me straight on all of this, please?

Thanks! & 73,
~~~
ô¿ô
\ ~ / .... DavidC  K1YP